It’s been several years since we have held a winter reading challenge. We found a fun one for you; a Color Coded Challenge!
Readers can choose their own books as long as they fit into one of the nine color categories. The book must include the name of the color or any shade of that color in the title or on the cover. For brown, black, and white the author’s last name may be used instead of a color in the title. Of course, audiobooks and eBooks count! The challenge runs from January 23—March 31, 2023, so you have time to plan your reading choices and schedule.
The categories are:
1. BLUE (navy, cobalt, sky, etc.)
2. RED (scarlet, carnelian, ruby, etc.)
3. YELLOW (amber, honey, flax, etc.)
4. GREEN (emerald, grass, hunter, etc. )
8. Any other color not included in 1 through 7
9. Any book with a word or image that implies color, such as rainbow, plaid, shadow, tint, paint, ink, etc.
Readers need to finish at least six books to complete the challenge. Competitors will be given a paper to track their book titles. We do have a list of books that will meet the challenge requirements, if you need help getting started.
For all the details, and to get started, talk to the librarians.