The Seneca Free Library is joining NExpress, a regional shared catalog service of the Northeast Kansas Library System. Seneca Free Library will be one of over 30 libraries currently participating in the shared catalog.
The transition from the current library circulation system to the new Koha system will take place over the Thanksgiving holiday.
The library will close at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25, and reopen on Monday, November 30, at 10:00 AM with a new library circulation software system called Koha, an advanced open-source integrated library system, used by thousands of libraries worldwide.
Once our library is on the new system, Koha will:
- allow patrons to renew materials, place requests and view checkouts, holds, and fines online with a secure username and password
- enable requests for materials delivered to the patronâ€™s home library from the shared collection of almost 500,000 itemsâ€”movies, books and audiobooks
- allow patrons to place multiple titles in a Cart for easy, one-step request processing, and create personalized lists
- permit patrons to view their complete reading and checkout history
- notify patrons via e-mail when holds are available for pickup and when materials are due
Library patrons will need a new NExpress library card to access the system. Talk to a librarian today if you donâ€™t have your new card.