This is our 3rd Pumpkin Decorating Contest! It’s been a lot of fun to see the creativity in our patrons of all ages! Here are the rules:
- Pumpkins can be any size as long as they are NO BIGGER than a standard basketball.
- Pumpkin design must depict a character from a book. Think Curious George, Scarlett O’Hara, Anne of Green Gables, etc.
- Designers can use most craft supplies: paint, glitter, glue, paper, buttons, etc. PLEASE NO CARVING. The pumpkins will be on display for several days in the library. This is a decorating contest, not a carving contest.
- Your entry must have your name, age/grade, phone number and either the book or a photocopy from the book used as your design inspiration.
- Pumpkin entries can be brought to the library during regular hours Thursday October 25 through Saturday October 27. NO entries will be accepted after closing on October 27. Judging will be on Monday October 29 and winners will be announced then. All entries must be picked up by closing time, 8:00 pm, October 31st or they will be thrown away.
FOUR ENTRY CATEGORIES: Ages Pre-K~2nd grade, 3rd ~ 6th grade, 7th ~ 12th grade and, last but not least, Graduated Folk.
THE PRIZES: One prize will be offered per category for the best book/character representation.